By patients, for patients
Heart Support Groups are as varied as the people in them.
Some are large organisations offering a weekly programme of activities, while others are much smaller and meet once a month.
They offer the chance to share experiences in a friendly and mutually supportive environment, and provide a wide range of other benefits and activities for their members.
These could include:
- exercise sessions with qualified instructors
- walking, cycling and swimming groups
- coffee mornings and other social events
- evenings with guest speakers
- links to other services such as quitting smoking
- hospital visiting
- yoga and relaxation classes, and
- visits to places of interest.
We've all got the same problems - that's what brought us together - but we all have an incredibly positive outlook. That's what keeps people coming back.
Top 10 reasons to join a Heart Support Group
Ever wondered what it's like to be part of a Heart Support Group? Hear from current Heart Support Group members about their ten top reasons as to why they decided to join a group, the best thing about being part of a group, and what you can expect if you join your local Heart Support Group.