At your venue
sign up now
Fundraise in your school or youth group
Jump Rope For Heart is our exciting skipping event that can be held at any time of year, at your school or youth group.
Free skipping ropes and resources
Jump Rope For Heart is simple and easy to organise. Sign up for free, and we provide you with all the lesson plans and teaching resources you’ll need to prepare for the event, including skipping ropes, activity cards and a skills DVD.
And not only does the event raise money towards our fight against heart disease, but your school or youth group gets to keep up to 20% of the offline money raised to go towards new equipment or resources of your choice.
You can also download and print off registration forms to post back to us. Download a schools leaflet and registration form or a youth group leaflet and registration form.
sign up now
Benefits for your school or youth group
Not only do you receive free skipping ropes but you'll receive all the lesson plans and resources you'll need to organise your fundraising event.
When you run your skipping rope event, your school or youth group gets to keep up to 20% of the total offline fundraising, to use towards new resources and materials.
The total sponsorship money raised is split between the group and the British Heart Foundation. You will retain up to 20% to support your activities and 80% is sent to us to help fund essential research into the causes and treatment of heart disease, patient care and support.
Sign up now
Your fundraising kit and resources
Once you've signed up we'll send you your free fundraising pack full of exciting inspiration and ideas. It's jam packed full of:
- Skipping ropes - we'll send you up to £100 worth of skipping resources including skipping ropes to use for your fundraising event.
- Lesson plans and teaching resources - everything you need to help you plan your event and also teach your kids how much fun skipping can be.
- Exciting fundraising ideas - our pack will give you fundraising ideas for your skipping event to help raise even more money on the day.
- Skipping skills DVD - you’ll receive a free skipping skills DVD to help you teach your kids how to skip and learn new skipping skills.
- Skipping activity cards - the fundraising pack includes some quick guide activity cards that you and your kids can use whilst learning their new skipping skills.
- Posters - we’ll send you posters to help let your whole school know about your fundraising event
- Sponsorship forms – as well as all of the above we’ll send you enough sponsorship forms for all of the kids taking part so that you can raise even more money.
Plus, each child that takes part in Jump Rope For Heart will receive their own thank you certificate.
Sign up now
How your fundraising helps
Before the British Heart Foundation, only one in five babies with heart problems survived more than a year - but our life saving heart research has changed this.
Now, four in five babies born with heart problems get the chance to go to school.
We couldn't do this without support from schools like yours, but we still need your help, so why not get your school to fundraise for the BHF this year? We have two fantastic ways for your children to get involved!
The funds raised will be in aid of the British Heart Foundation’s Fight for Every Heartbeat. At least 80% of your fundraising total must be donated to BHF.
You may elect to retain 20% of your total funds raised, however, this amount must be taken from any offline donations as 100% of funds raised online via JustGiving will be donated directly to the BHF.
Pay in by post
Make your cheque out to the British Heart Foundation and use the return envelope in your fundraising pack to send it back to us. If you don't have this then simply use the address below. Remember - don't send cash in the post.
Jump Rope for Heart
British Heart Foundation
2096 Coventry Road
Birmingham, B26 3YU
Over the phone
Give our team a call on 0300 330 3322 to pay in using a debit or credit card.
Online via your JustGiving page
If you set up a page for your school or youth club event at JustGiving, you won’t have to pay in. Donations will automatically come to the BHF, whenever a donation is made to your page.
If you have any questions please get in touch:
Tel: 0300 330 3322 (Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00)
Email: [email protected]
Conditions of registration
By submitting this registration form, you confirm that have the prior consent of the head teacher/group leader to take part in the event and you agree on behalf of your school/group to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The funds you raise will be in aid of the British Heart Foundation’s Fight for Every Heartbeat. At least 80% of your fundraising total must be donated to BHF. You may elect to retain up to 20% of your total funds raised, however, this amount must be taken from any offline donations as 100% of funds raised online via JustGiving will be donated directly to BHF.
- Your school/group will hold an event during 2016/17 school year.
- Your fundraising equipment is personal to your school/group and cannot be sold on by you; and if you choose not to hold an event, you must either:
- Return the fundraising resources to BHF in an unused condition (by posting them to: British Heart Foundation, Lyndon Place, 2096 Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3YU) or
- Reimburse BHF an amount of £100 (for schools) and £30 (for youth groups), by sending a cheque to the above address.