Our local British Heart Foundation shops are filling their windows with love and attempting to break a world record in the lead up to Valentine's Day.
If you would like to help share the love follow these easy steps:
- Pop into your local shop
- Pick a £1 Love Note to display in the shop window or a £2 Love note to be part of our World Record attempt*
- Write a message on your Love Note
- We'll display your Love Note in the shop window or send it off to be part of the world record attempt.
Be part of our World Record attempt
This January and February we are attempting to break a world record for the longest chain of paper hearts. To mark Valentine’s Day a team of BHF supporters will come together to create the chain. The current record stands at 8,525 paper hearts. With your help, we can beat it!
To take part, all you need to do is:
- Buy a £2 World Record Love Note at the till.*
- Write your own message to share the love. It could be for a friend, family member or even just your pet!
- Hand the note back in.
If you have questions read our FAQ page.
Your Love Notes will fund life saving research
When Gabriela was born, her mum noticed her newborn was losing too much weight. Eventually, Gabriela was diagnosed with a number of heart problems, including a condition called Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA), that meant the arteries from her heart were the wrong way round and she wasn’t getting enough oxygen in her blood.
At the age of one, she had an operation to correct her arteries, this procedure was pioneered by the BHF. Now ten, Gabriela will need more surgeries in the
future, but without the research funded by BHF Gabriela may not have been here today.
Find out more about the BHF operation that saved Gabriela’s life.
*Please note not all world record attempt Love Notes may be used in the final attempt.