If you're a UK tax payer, we can get more value from your donated items through Gift Aid. Simply complete a Gift Aid form in one of our shops and we'll give you a Gift Aid card with your unique donor number. If you bring your card with you every time you donate to our shops, we can make your donations go further.
When your items are sold, we'll let you know how much you've helped us raise and confirm that you're happy for us to treat the money as a Gift Aid donation. Then we can increase the value of your donated items, at no extra cost to you.
If you are currently receiving letters about Gift Aid from us and would rather be contacted by email you can change you preferences here.
Terms & Conditions
By signing up to Gift Aid for your donated items, you confirm that:
- You wish BHF to claim tax on all donations you make in the future or have made in the past 4 years
- You are a UK tax payer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference
- You wish BHF Shops Ltd to act as your agent in selling the goods you have donated and agree to a commission of 1% for this service
- You are not acting as a business in bringing goods in for sale to any shops belonging to BHF
- The goods which you are offering to us are your own to give and do not belong to another household
- Any items not sold will be recycled where possible and cannot be returned to the donor. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement at any time.