Life insurance with a heart or circulatory condition

Oak tree

Buying life insurance can be difficult if you have a heart or circulatory condition. Insurers may charge you a higher premium than usual, or may refuse to sell you insurance at all.

A life insurance policy can help provide peace of mind for the future if you have dependants, such as a partner or family. The right life insurance policy can provide financial support to your dependants after your death, helping to cover for the loss of your income.

There are some insurers who specialise in providing life insurance for people with health conditions, including:

We don't work with or endorse any of these insurance companies. We can't guarantee that they will offer insurance to everyone, as insurance policies are determined on an individual basis and insurers will have their own policy requirements.

These suggestions are based on the best information available to us at the time of writing, taken from people on our online community who have experience of dealing with these companies and have found them sympathetic towards people with heart and circulatory diseases.

There are many other insurers out there, so shop around to get the best available insurance for your specific situation.

(The British Heart Foundation cannot be held liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of a service provided by a third party company). 

Insurance is a popular talking point on our community - sign up today to find information and support from people who are going through similar situations to your own.

Join our community

I can't find the right insurance. Who can help?

Insurance brokers are professional insurance experts who can answer your questions about finding different types of insurance, and provide quotes for suitable insurance policies.

Some insurance brokers may charge a fee for their service, but many will help you for free. And if they find the right policy for you, their service could help you save money overall, and avoid any complications from taking the wrong type of policy.

If you want to find an insurance broker in your local area, the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) offers a ‘Find a broker’ service.   

Who can I contact with a complaint about my insurance?

If you are unhappy with your insurance service or a policy claim, the quickest and simplest option is to try to sort your complaint directly with your insurer.

But if you have tried this and you want further help, or you think you have been treated unfairly as a result of a policy claim, the Financial Ombudsman Service is an unbiased public organisation that helps people sort out problems with financial service providers. You can contact them on 0800 023 4 567 (Freephone) or visit the Financial Ombudsman Service website.

Where can I go for further support?

We want your feedback

We welcome your feedback about insurance. You can contact us online or write to us:

British Heart Foundation
Heart Helpline
Greater London House
180 Hampstead Road