1. First make the pepper mayo. Grill the pepper until charred and soft. Leave to cool then peel away the pepper skin and remove the seeds. Put the pepper, garlic, mayonnaise, yoghurt and chives in a blender and blitz to a rough paste. Alternatively, finely chop the pepper and beat together with the remaining ingredients.
2. Cut the chicken into thick strips. Mix the polenta and spices together on a flat plate. Coat each chicken strip in the polenta mixture. If you’re making some to freeze, freeze the chicken strips now and defrost overnight in the fridge before cooking.
3. Place in an even layer on a foiled-lined baking sheet and spray with a little oil.
4. Cook the chicken under a hot grill for 3-4 minutes, turning once or twice.
5. Serve with the pepper mayonnaise and shredded lettuce (or a mixed salad) and a baked sweet potato.
This recipe has been tried and tested by members of our Patient Information Panel.
It was quick and easy to prepare and it's a nicely filling meal
Heart Matters reader Tina Carr said:
“I liked this recipe as it was quick and easy to prepare. With a salad it’s a nicely filling meal. I used chives in the mayo but will try with coriander next time.”
If you’d like to get involved in future recipes, or help us with other patient information resources, why not join the panel?