1. To make the compote, core and thinly slice the apple (no need to peel). Put into a pan with juice and ginger. Bring to the boil then simmer until softened, about 10 minutes.
2. Mix the arrowroot with two teaspoons of water and stir into the apple mixture. Bring to the boil and bubble for one minute, until lightly thickened. Stir in the blueberries and leave to cool.
3. In a small bowl mix the first six pancake ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks then fold into the oat and apple mixture with a metal spoon.
4. Wipe the base of a small nonstick frying pan with vegetable oil and place over a high heat. Drop two or three spoonfuls of mixture into the pan and reduce the heat. Leave to cook for about five minutes on each side.
5. Remove to a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining mixture.
6. Remove the sliced ginger from the compote. Stir about two tablespoons of the compote liquid into the yoghurt. Serve the warm pancakes with the compote and flavoured yoghurt.
* Although the total sugars in this recipe are classed as high, the only free sugars are from the apple juice. The rest is from the fruit, milk and yoghurt.