6 tips for getting fit after 50
The benefits of getting fit when you're older can be huge, particularly if you've had heart problems. We've got 6 top tips to help you get fit later in life.
1. Find an exercise you love doing. You’re more likely to stick with something that you enjoy.
2. Build up your exercise steadily – don’t push yourself too hard to begin with.
3. Exercise with friends or groups for encouragement.
4. Plan exercise into your diary so you always make time for it.
5. Set targets, whether it’s walking for longer or training for an event.
6. Speak to your doctor before doing any new exercise.