Duke of Edinburgh's AwardWe're an Approved Activity Provider for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, so if you're 16-24 and want to impress colleges, universities and future employers, work towards the award by volunteering in one of our shops or fundraising for us.
Select 'In our shops' as the role you're interested in when completing the enquiry form and one of our volunteering specialists will be in touch. Also, organising your own fundraising is an approved activity and you can order a fundraising pack to help you get started.
Please check out our FAQs if you have any initial questions.
Work experienceOur work experience placements can give you the skills, confidence and experience you need to build your CV and ace future interviews.
Problem solving, communication, working with others and familiarity with the workplace are universally valued by employers.
We have retail and office opportunities available, so make an investment in your future and register your interest today. Please check out our FAQs if you have any initial questions.
ApprenticeshipsFor our volunteers who decide a career in retail is for them, there is the opportunity to apply for one of our apprenticeship roles. This means they earn wage whilst working towards a qualification.
How it works:
- Gain job-specific skills whilst studying for a retail qualification (equivalent to an Intermediate GNVQ or 4-5 GCSE passes)
- Work alongside BHF retail staff and volunteers in a busy shop environment
- Every day is different; from providing great customer service and eye-catching displays, to finding gems amongst the stock donation.
Everyone is so supportive and I have learned a great amount since I started volunteering. For me, it has led to me being offered a full time Retail Apprenticeship so now I get to do a job I love and continue my education.
What will you get from us?
- Paid the National Living Wage for your age
- 28 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Relevant training and ongoing support.
To find out more, check out our careers website.