March 2018 and November 2018
Vietnam and Cambodia
Challenge length - 10 days
Join us on this cycling charity challenge as we bike from Vietnam to Cambodia!
This breathtaking charity bike ride will take you from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) to the ancient temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Upon arrival, you’ll have time to explore the fascinating city of Saigon – the heart of Vietnam – before you commence with your charity challenge.
The 400km cycle route will take you through many traditional Vietnamese villages, following gorgeous streams and rivers, passing paddy fields and adjacent to stunning mountains. Few locals will have seen foreigners cycling past, and their interest and hospitality will spur on even the most tired cyclist.
If you would like to find out more about cycling from Vietnam to Cambodia with us, or about any of our other overseas challenges, get in touch Monday - Friday 09:30 - 17:00:
Tel: 0844 847 2788
Email: [email protected]
Please note: We are working with Global Adventure Challenges, a specialist tour operator (ATOL 6056) which organises and manages this event on behalf of BHF. Participants raising funds for British Heart Foundation will be joined by others, raising money for different charities.
What's included in your challenge costs
As well as supporting our life saving work, your sponsor money covers:
- Flights from a London airport to Ho Chi Minh City, then return from Siem Reap to a London airport
- Bottled drinking water for all cycling day
- Snacks and fruit for cycling days
- Support and transfer vehicles
- Bike hire
- All meals as per itinerary
- Local English speaking guide for Phnom Penh and Siem Reap visit
- Local boat trip to visit floating Cai Rang Market, Vietnam (day 5)
- Speed boat ticket – Chau Doc to Phnom Penh (day 6)
- All local ferry tickets
- Antrance fee into Angkor Wat Temple Complex,
- Global Adventure Challenges leader from the UK and full, comprehensive first aid kits.
Other things to budget for
Some expenses are not included in your challenge costs.
- Gratuities – the local guides and staff all work extremely hard to ensure a successful trip, so we recommend demonstrating your appreciation through a group tip
- Personal expenses, such as soft and alcoholic drinks, gifts and international calls
- Visas - for Vietnam and a visa for Cambodia. The Cambodia visa is obtained at the border – you will need to take $30 (US) and 2 passport sized photos. More visa information will be sent closer to the time of the challenge.
- Travel insurance – suitable for overseas charity challenges, you must have this to be allowed to travel
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharge – these are approximately £250 per person
- Vaccinations where required - details for vaccinations can be found on Fit for Travel website
Getting prepared for your challenge
This challenge is suitable for all abilities, however we would recommend that you train for it. We recommend you train for three - six months prior to taking part dependent on your current fitness.
On the challenge, we advise you to go at your own pace – it’s not a race and the idea is to enjoy yourself.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll have access to our detailed training guidelines to help you prepare for the challenge. Our cycling training zone
is also full of top tips.
Make sure you're prepared for this challenge and you read through the kit list
carefully. We also recommend you try out all your kit before setting off.
How to reach your fundraising target
Reaching your fundraising goal can be daunting, but don’t panic we’re here to help. Breaking it down into manageable chunks is a great way to start.
To help you we’ve put together a fundraising plan.
Visit our fundraising area for even more top tips.
Shout about your challenge
Taking on the Vietnam to Cambodia Cycle is an epic challenge and one you should be proud of. Cycling 400km in the heat across two countries is no mean feat.
Shout loud and proud about the challenge you’re taking on and share your JustGiving page with your friends, family and colleagues.
Why set up a JustGiving page?
Setting up a JustGiving page is a great way to kick start your fundraising, and keep your sponsors up-to-date with what you’re doing.
Did you know…
- People who have a JustGiving page raise 50% more money than those who don’t
- Every time you share your page you’ll earn £5 on average
- Every time you update your page you can earn £7 on average.
- Make the most out of your page by uploading images, posting updates on how your training is going and sharing British Heart Foundation facts so your supporters know why you’re fundraising us
Why your fundraising is so important
Before the British Heart Foundation was founded 4 in 5 children born with congenital heart disease died before their first birthday. Today in the UK, thanks to research, 4 in 5 survive into adulthood.
Even with this progress coronary heart disease is still the UK’s single biggest killer, but we’re leading the fight against it. To win this fight we need your help. Together we will improve lives.
Find out more about the future of our fight.