1. Spray or wipe a small saucepan, preferably non-stick, with a little oil. Fry the onion and garlic (if using) for 7–10 minutes until soft and golden.
2. Stir in the smoked paprika. Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse the beans and chop the fish into large bite-sized chunks.
4. Turn down the heat and add the beans and fish to the pan. Simmer gently for 4–5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
5. Stir in the parsley (if using) and season with black pepper. Serve immediately with wholemeal soda bread.
- Add 25g (1oz) frozen cooked prawns for the last 2–3 minutes of cooking time.