1. Put the chicken pieces in a small saucepan and pour over the milk. Add the bay leaf and stock powder. Bring to the boil, then simmer very gently for 10–15 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Drain the chicken, discard the bay leaf and reserve the cooking liquid.
2. Melt the spread in a small saucepan and stir in the shallot and leeks. Cook, stirring, over a low heat until the shallot is soft and golden. Stir in the flour. Slowly stir in the reserved cooking liquid and simmer until the sauce is smooth. Stir in the parsley and cooked chicken pieces. Leave to cool.
3. Spoon the chicken mixture into four individual pie dishes.
4. Rub together the cheese and the oats. Sprinkle over the chicken mixture and chill until ready to use.
5. Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Reheat the pies for 15–20 minutes until golden brown and piping hot.
- The pies can be covered and chilled for two days before re-heating. Alternatively, freeze them for up to one month. Thaw overnight in the fridge before re-heating.