1. Put the bulgur wheat in a small saucepan and cover with the stock. Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 10 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and leave to cool – the grains will absorb the warm liquid.
2. Chop the broccoli very finely and the parsley and mint leaves finely. If you have a blender, you could blitz them all together to save time. In a salad bowl, mix together the broccoli, tomatoes, onions, cucumber and herbs.
3. Whisk together the oil, lemon and orange juice and stir into the bowl with the cold bulgur wheat grains. Add an extra squeeze of lemon or orange juice to taste.
- Cover with clingfilm and it will keep in the fridge for 2–3 days. Add a squeeze of lemon or orange juice to refresh it.
- This is great as a side dish but to make it a main dish, add chopped roast chicken or turkey, flaked poached salmon, or reduced-fat Greek-style salad cheese and serve with salad.