Frequently asked questions
- What can I engrave on the Heart of Steel?
- You can engrave a name e.g. Jane Smith and a significant date e.g. 01.01.2001
- Can I engrave ‘John & Jane Smith’?
- No, these need two separate donations (minimum £20), but we can place them next to each other on the Heart of Steel.
- Can I engrave a family name, such as ‘the Smith family’?
- No, a separate donation is required for each person, but they can be placed next to each other on the Heart.
- Can I include dates, such as a date of birth, marriage or death?
- Yes. Dates will be engraved in this format: 01.01.2001
- Can I add other personal details?
- No, there isn’t room on the Heart of Steel to do this, but you can let your friends and family know why you decided to engrave a name on social media using #BHFHeartOfSteel or leave a testimonial to tell us your story.
- What will I receive to show I’ve supported Heart of Steel?
- You will get a certificate celebrating your donation.
- When do the engravings take place?
- Engravings take place every 3 - 4 months. We'll send you an email to confirm when your engraving has taken place, so if you'd like to take a trip to Meadowhall and see the Heart of Steel and your engraving in person you can.
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Care team by emailing [email protected] or give us a call on 0300 330 3322.