From: Avebury, Near Swindon
To: Tring, near Aylesbury
82 miles £35
42 miles £25
40 miles £25
NEW 14 miles £15
Britain's best kept secret National Trail!
The Ridgeway is Britain’s oldest road, following the ancient chalk ridge used by prehistoric man.
This trail has a 5,000 year history, where it was a busy drove road, used for transporting livestock.
Today it makes an epic MTB ride!
Choose between riding either the first or second half, or if you want an extreme challenge, why not ride the whole thing?
You can still sign up on the day:
NEW '14 miles Introductory route' for 2011 - click here for more information
The whole of the Ridgeway - 82 miles - click here for more information
The 1st Half of the Ridgeway - 42 miles - click here for more information
The 2nd Half of the Ridgeway - 40 miles - click here for more information
Anything else I need to know?
• The minimum age for this event is 16. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
• We strongly advise you to wear a cycle helmet.
• The route is fully signed and marshaled, however you will be given a route map that should be your point of reference throughout the ride.
• Free water is available to all participants at the end.
• All participants will receive a free t-shirt and commemorative medal.
• You will require a mountain or hybrid bike to enter this event.
If you would like any advice on the route or mountain biking in general please see/contact Rough Ride Guide
Do I have to raise sponsorship?
It’s our 50th birthday this year and we are asking everyone to please try and raise a minimum
of £50 for this event – FIFTY for FIFTY! Just a pound for every year the BHF has been
undertaking its pioneering work. We’d love you to help us celebrate and save lives in 2011.
Use Twitter? Tweet about your training and join others at #BHFeast
East Events Team (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
0808 100 2109