Workers across the UK have revealed what they think are the top 10 most socially awkward situations that happen to us at work, as we try and get workplaces fundraising to fight heart disease.
The top ten awkward encounters were:
- Spilling something down your clothes just before an important meeting
- Accidentally clicking reply all to a private email
- Making small talk at the tea point or queuing for the microwave
- When your boss calls you the wrong name and you don't know to correct them
- Bumping into a colleague in the toilets - do you say hello?
- Bumping into a colleague on the way home and not knowing what to talk about
- Being too embarrassed to ask someone's name in a meeting
- Breaking the printer and walking off without fixing it
- When someone's phone goes off in a meeting with an embarrassing ringtone
- When your boss sits down with you in the canteen
Fundraising at work
We're calling on workers across the UK to avoid these socially awkward situations and get to know their colleagues better by holding a fundraising event at work and raising funds your way for life saving research.
Close to half of adults polled said fundraising in the workplace was a great way to break down barriers and get to know colleagues, while 41% said it helps boost staff morale.
Every year thousands of workplaces across the UK choose to support us by holding coffee mornings, cake bakes, lunchtime walks and dress down days.
Raise funds your way
Sign up to Raise Funds Your Way and get your free fundraising pack for fantastic ideas on how to get involved.
Luke Mallet, our Head of Community Fundraising, said: "We’ve all had to endure those uncomfortable everyday work moments where you just don’t know what to do or say in front of your colleagues. But fundraising at work is a fantastic way to build relationships with other employees and break down those barriers.
"So grab your colleagues and put those awkward moments to bed by raising funds your way to help us power more life saving discoveries in the fight for every heartbeat."
order a fundraising pack