Holly Golightly, Breakfast at Tiffany’s
To get the perfect Holly Golightly outfit it’s all about the dress and the accessorises, you will need:
- A little black dress, this can be anything from lace to velvet as long as its black
- Long black gloves
- Hair accessories such as our great diamante barrette clip from our new range for only £3.99
- Sunglasses, preferably ‘cat eye’ style but others will work too
- Necklace and earrings, ideally these should be statement items. If you don’t have these already check out our new necklace and earring sets, for only £4.99 they are the perfect low cost accessories to complete your outfit
- Finally treat yourself and finish the look with some fabulous heels, such as the ones found on our eBay shop.
This costume is perfect for Halloween as it’s so versatile - anything can be zombiefied! If you don’t want to use your own clothes, visit our charity shops for low cost clothing to get creative with. The items you need are:
- A white shirt, whilst you can use absolutely anything a white shirt gives you a great finish when ripped
- Ripped jeans are on trend at the moment so rather than recreating something get yourself some ripped jeans
- Fake blood or ketchup, use this liberally to create your zombie look
- Finally use face paint or makeup to create dark eyes and fake blood around your mouth will complete your zombie look.
Dorothy, Wizard of Oz
This is a classic costume and so easy to pull together! Don’t restrict yourself to the traditional Dorothy style; update the look by including a blue gingham or spotty dress. The main items you need to transform yourself into Dorothy are:
- A blue patterned dress
- A white top or shirt to go underneath
- Red shoes, depending on the occasion these could be anything from converse to heels, such as the pair shown from one of our shops
- Light or nude coloured bag such as the one shown found on our eBay Shop
- To finish the look add a bow such as the on from our range of new products for £2.99.
Harry Potter is a great Halloween outfit option as it can be male or female and can easily be made from some everyday clothes, all you need is:
- White shirt
- Striped tie. Don’t have a tie? How about getting creative and make one from some coloured felt?
- A pair of trousers or a skirt
- If you are going as Harry Potter himself add a scar and glasses
- Finally don’t forget a wand - if you don’t want to buy a wand, get creative and find a stick that looks like a wand!
Belle, Beauty and the Beast
With this year's remake of Beauty and the Beast, Belle is not only a super simple costume to make but also on trend, all you need is:
- A blue dress, such as this one found in our Woking store
- A long sleeve white top
- A white apron
- Plait your hair
- Complete the look with a book, which you can get from £1 from our shops today.
Is it even Halloween without someone dressing up as a witch? This is the kind of outfit that never gets old and can be created by using a versatile black dress and some accessories. Use our list of items below to make sure you don’t miss anything!
- Black dress, this can be any kind of black dress but we have found lace works well
- Accessories such as our new hair clips, from £2.99, or a new choker
- If you don’t have a witch’s hat – don’t panic! We’ve got a great tutorial that shows you how to paint your own witches hat.
Day of the dead / candy skull
Day of the dead has been popularised by recent James Bond film Spectre. It's a fun, creative and relatively easy outfit to put together, use our list of items:
- It’s all about the face paint with this look, so get yourself some colourful paint and decide on a pattern
- To finish the look you need some bright flowers for your hair, our new hair band is the perfect accessory and for only £3.49 it won’t break the bank!
- For your outfit you can wear anything you fancy depending on the event but we would suggest to finish the look with a black dress.
To add to the Bond theme, James Bond is a great and achievable costume idea. You simply need a suit and a tie, such as the black tie for £3.99 found in our new range. If you also need a suit jacket check out your local shop.
Feeling inspired and full of ideas? Browse our great range of low cost clothing and accessories today!
Visit your local BHF shop