These spring looks have been created from new and donated furniture sourced from our Furniture and Electrical stores nationwide. Whilst we aren’t able to guarantee the availability of these specific items, our stores refresh their stock daily, so keep popping by to find your perfect piece. Remember to post your BHF finds on Facebook and Instagram, and see what other customers have found at #HeartOfTheHome.
Our top tips for letting the springtime in this season:
- Textures – Rattan and basket weave feel more exotic and makes you think of faraway places. Make sure you pop in regularly into your nearest BHF furniture store as these items get snapped up quickly.
- House plants – We love the ones you can pick up in your local DIY store. Group plants in odd numbers and enjoy nurturing them. Whilst you are there you might want to pick up some paint to upcycle a BHF find – nothing like a spring project to get your teeth into.
- Upcycled accents – Add some spring blossom into recycled glass jars and vases and you will be well on your way to creating the calming home you deserve.
- Rejig – Move your pictures around and you will appreciate them more. Take a look in-store and you may even find something new to adorn your walls. A collection of mirrors always adds a spark of excitement to your décor.
- Lighten with colour – Opt for cushion covers in lighter tones to give your sofa a fresher look.
- Declutter – Pull out your furniture and rearrange what you’ve discovered lurking beneath. Some homes lend themselves to having a winter snug or a summer space. Note when and where the light comes in and make the most of that. It’s time to get rid of stored newspapers and old magazines. Sort through those books and DVD’s you no longer use and bag them up for your nearest BHF shop. We can turn your unwanted items into cash for life saving research.
- Create space and openness – Now is the time to throw back the heavier drapes and let the light in. Look for voile, long, loose and delicate window treatments.
- Cool Greys – Grey is here to stay and this season we have seen a tasteful mixture of smooth and stubby linens in neutral shades, which add fantastic texture to flat matt greys.
- Pastels – Subtle muted shades are everywhere and there is nothing more soothing than the creams, caramels and pale mint tones. They make a space feel bigger and you are more likely to love them for longer than dramatic brighter shades.
- Repaint as necessary – If your living room is in need of a lick of paint it is worth noting which direction your room faces. Most interior paints change tone throughout the day into the evening. So make sure you paint a large piece of paper and attach it to your wall so you can see it in all kinds of light. Don’t paint the sample straight onto your wall to avoid wasting time painting over.
Beds, bedroom furniture including bedside tables, chests of drawers and wardrobes – old and new – can be found in any of our 175 home stores nationwide.
Dining tables, chairs and side boards, bookcases, media storage and writing desks are also waiting to be discovered.
Find your local store