It’s easy to set up an event: just follow our step-by-step guide:
- Donation bags: Order free bags online, visit your local BHF shop, or simply fill your own bags.
- Set a date: You can hold your donation event on any date(s) – it’s up to you. Make sure you check with the boss if it’s at work!
- Tell everyone: Promote your event; use posters from our online toolkit.
- Make it fun! Keep track of bags donated, and see who can donate the most! Download a leaderboard poster.
- Book a collection: Drop stuff off at your local BHF shop, or arrange a free collection.
- Say thanks! Every donation helps, so don’t forget to say thank you! Get a certificate.
Every bag filled helps fund life saving research.
Boost every bag's value with Gift Aid
Gift Aid is a government scheme that lets charities reclaim tax on donations, at no extra cost to you. By signing up to Gift Aid, your donations will be worth 25% more. So if the lovely things you bring sell for £10, we will actually receive £12.50. Find Gift Aid forms inside our Bag It. Beat It. donation bags.