- NHS consultant with recent research record.
- Residency requirements apply – check eligibility.
- Up to 1 year full-time or up to 3 years part-time.
Award may include
- Reimbursement of reasonable costs to cover relinquished PAs.
- Research consumables directly attributable to the project.
How to apply
- Read the information in How to apply.
- If you are applying for funding for a clinical study, also read:
- Log onto the online application form.
- Complete all the sections of the online application form following the instructions in the GMS User Guide.
- The online application must be completed by the applicant.
You will be asked to attach a single PDF document to your online application form containing the following information:
- For resubmissions, include an unedited copy of the original feedback followed by a detailed response, limited to 3 sides of A4, explaining how the revised application has changed from the original submission.
- Abstract of the proposed investigation in less than 150 words.
- Background to the project and pilot data.
- Original hypothesis.
- Experimental details and design of proposed investigation.
- If requesting funding for a clinical study, include all information listed in the Clinical Study Guidelines (Interventional Study) or in the Clinical Study Guidelines (Observational Study). If you do not provide the information outlined in the guidelines, your application may be returned without formal consideration.
- Power calculations.
- Expected value of results.
- List of references relevant to the proposed project.
- Full CV of the applicant, including list of publications, statement of career intentions and email address.
- Appendices should be a maximum of 3 additional pages containing only tables or figures essential to the understanding of the application. Research papers whether published, in press or in preparation may not be attached (although hyperlinks can be provided).
- Letter of support from the Clinical Service Director, including a justification for the costs claimed to cover clinical sessions.
- Letter of support from the Head of Department (Research).
- Supporting letters from collaborators.
- Valid copy of ethical approval if relevant.
Sections 2-7 must not exceed 6 A4 sides. The PDF file size must not exceed 20MB.
Please ensure Arial font size 12 is used. If this font size is not used, the application will be rejected prior to formal consideration.
There are no closing dates.
Please submit the application when it is ready. Receipt will be acknowledged within 24 hours and we will advise you when you can expect the result. Candidates may be interviewed and a decision on this will be reached by the Fellowships Committee (four meetings a year) after it has considered external peer review reports.
Allow 9 months from submission to decision.