Hearty Lives Cornwall is working with Cornwall Council and primary schools throughout the county to encourage children and families to adopt healthier lifestyles. Those areas with the highest level of deprivation and childhood obesity will benefit from a variety of targeted activities and groups to improve their heart health.
We aim to lower the risk of heart disease in Cornwall through:
- reducing childhood obesity rates, as measured by the National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP)
- supporting children and their families to choose healthier lifestyles and become more physically active
- demonstrating that schools can be an effective setting for increasing access to services for families.
Our primary schools activities will include:
- raising awareness of childhood obesity
- increasing physical activity through activities such as Artie's Olympics
- promoting healthier lunchboxes and snacks
- engaging parents and children in healthy lifestyle workshops and activities
- offering Hearty Lives accredited training to school facilitators.
For more information about Hearty Lives Cornwall please contact Mary Williamson on [email protected] or Area Development Manager Suzy Taylor on [email protected]