People in Blaenau Gwent are more likely to die early from coronary heart disease than anywhere else in Wales.
We aim to reduce the uptake of tobacco smoking amongst young people, and to protect children and young people from the effects of second-hand smoke.
We will do this by:
- engaging with the local community to create awareness, support and acceptance for a smoke free Blaenau Gwent
- helping parents to protect their children from the harmful effects of smoking by supporting them to quit and make their homes and cars smoke free
- providing consistent, high quality smokefree education in local schools
- coordinating a network of youth-led actions to change attitudes, build skills and increase knowledge in relation to smoking and the tobacco industry
- supporting new legislation to reduce illegal sales of tobacco to young people.
For more information about Hearty Lives Blaenau Gwent, please contact our Area Development Manager Joanne Oliver on [email protected]