Heartstart links with the National Curriculum in Wales
To support your Heartstart scheme, we've provided links to the National Curriculum.
- you promote Heartstart to schools
- teachers see how schoolchildren will benefit from the training.
A new National Curriculum is due to be rolled out in schools across Wales in 2018. Although detailed guidance for educators is yet to be released, the curriculum content is set to revolve around four main purposes, each with their own skillset.
Those that match Heartstart learning opportunities are:
Ambitious, capable learners who:
- “set themselves high standards and seek and enjoy challenge.”
- “are building up a body of knowledge and have the skills to connect and apply that knowledge in different contexts.”
- “are questioning and enjoy solving problems.”
Enterprising, creative contributors who:
- “give of their energy and skills so that other people will beneﬁt.”
- “think creatively to reframe and solve problems.”
- “identify and grasp opportunities.”
- “take measured risks.”
- “lead and play different roles in teams effectively and responsibly.”
Ethical, informed citizens who:
- “understand and exercise their human and democratic responsibilities and rights.”
- “understand and consider the impact of their actions when making choices and acting.”
Healthy, conﬁdent individuals who:
- “are building their mental and emotional well-being by developing conﬁdence, resilience and empathy.”
- “know how to ﬁnd the information and support to keep safe and well.”
- “take measured decisions about lifestyle and manage risk.”