Health Awareness Day
The Health Awareness Day is a four-zone interactive event, delivered in a fun and engaging way to help those attending reflect on their current lifestyle behaviours, and make improvements to their personal health. The four zones are:
Think well zone: Your heart health and mental health are closely connected - people with severe mental health problems are 2-3 times more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease. Using various interactive tools, our experts will:
- Highlight the key causes of stress
- Discuss some of the unhealthy coping strategies many of us adopt
- Recommend new, healthy coping mechanisms that can be used to combat stress.
Eat well zone: Healthy eating, as part of a healthy lifestyle, helps to control body weight, lowers blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol. Our experts will help individuals to:
- Understand their BMI (including waist measurement)
- Learn which food types can contribute towards better heart health, lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol
- Understand food groups and recommended portion sizes.
Be active zone: Regular physical activity is one of the most important things we can do for our health. Rather than recommending gym memberships or hours of pounding the roads, our experts:
- Recommend simple, effective ways to increase activity on a daily basis
- Promote the health benefits of physical activity
- Give exercise recommendations, and engage the group in a light resistance band workout
Changing habits zone: Adopting healthy behaviours is the key to improving wellbeing, but letting go of unhealthy habits can be challenging. Our practitioners will;
- Raise awareness of the risks of smoking and alcohol consumption
- Highlight the cycle of behavioural change and promote the importance of goal setting
- Hand out literature on alcohol consumption and stopping smoking.
Themed Awareness Day
This option allows you to build your own event. Choose from any of the four wellbeing topics above (Think well, Eat well, Be active, Changing habits) and combine them to create your preferred content for your event.
The events can be structured to suit your needs, with either ‘drop-in’ or ‘group booking’ formats. Each employee will need an hour to complete the event, so we recommend hourly group bookings, to ensure all employees have the opportunity to experience all four zones.
Book a Wellbeing Awareness Day