Here you'll find everything you need to know about your skydive and what happens on the day.
Each person taking part should aim to raise £400. This £400 is in addition to the £50 registration fee and covers the cost of your skydive as well as a donation to the British Heart Foundation. We ask that your fundraising target is met 2 weeks before your jump so that we can cover the cost of your skydive. If you're having trouble meeting your target speak to your Fundraising Manager who will be able to offer support and advice.
What do you need to do to get ready for the day?
You will be required to complete a Declaration of Fitness form before your jump, confirming you're able to jump. There are some restrictions in relation to medical conditions like diabetes, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some causes of asthma. Full details are given on the form, but if you have any of the above conditions you will need to get your form signed by your GP.
Preparing for the day
- You'll need to arrive at your chosen drop zone at the time specified. Make sure you wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable, sensible and will fit under your jump suit.
- You're advised to ring ahead before the day to check that the weather is suitable for skydiving.
- Once you arrive you'll be signed in and registered. You'll then receive an in-depth training session with experienced professionals, who will cover everything you need to know to make your experience as safe as it is exciting.
- Now it's time for the butterflies to start. When your name is called you'll be fitted with a jump suit, goggles and helmet, before being harnesses to your highly trained skydive instructor. Don't forget to put on your Heart Flyers t-shirt for the cameras!
- It's time for lift off! You'll feel the excitement build as you climb to 10,000 feet.
- After another safety check your instructor will take you to the open doorway. Take a look at the views below, take a deep breath and get ready to jump!
- You'll freefall for 5,000 feet reaching speeds of up to 120mph before your instructor deploys the parachute and you start to soar through the sky. The ultimate adrenaline rush!
- Your instructor will control the landing as you arrive back on solid ground. Time to congratulate yourself - you're officially a Heart Flyer! You'll even receive a certificate to show off to your friends and family.