Before your event
There are a few things you’ll want to think about before your event.
What are the rules you’d like to apply?
For example - the BIG rule is to donate 50p per rule broken or donate to the raffle for every rule broken.
You could break a rule by wearing something from the ‘Do Not Wear’ list.
Do wear rules
- School shoes
- School skirt or trousers
- School tie
- School top
- No make up
- No large hair accessories
- Stud earrings
- Your club uniform, if there is one
Do not wear rules
- Own jeans / trousers/ skirts
- Own top. Make it bright ☀
- Face paint
- Own shoes / trainers
- Hair dye
Think about the best way to promote your event before the big day.
- If it’s for school, try school publications and your school newsletter. Put it on your school website to share with families. Maybe invite the local media along?
- If it’s for a club or group, mention your event in any literature that the club produces. Put it on the club’s website and all social media pages.
- Make posters and put them around the school or local area (copy in the rules).
- Can you add anything extra to your fundraising? A raffle perhaps?
During your event
Now have a think about what you’ll need to do during your event.
- If you have a raffle, will there be a price per ticket, or will it be by donation? How you will collect this? Maybe have a form?
- Maybe have a prize for whoever broke the most rules, or for whoever went all out.
- Take pictures of your event.
- Find an opportunity to speak publicly about why you’re all fundraising for the BHF.
After your event
- Count the money up! Then you’ll have to consider how to pay in your sponsorship.
- Share photos on your website and social media, but make sure to get everyone’s permission.
Keeping it safe and legal
It’s important that you are safe and legal while fundraising in aid of the BHF. Please visit our ‘Keeping it Safe and Legal’ guidance.
We have a range of resources such as posters and information about us.
Kick-start your fundraising
Order or download your free fundraising pack for fundraising guidance, plus materials and goodies. Every fundraiser helps power life saving research to beat heartbreak forever.
GET YOUR FUNDRAISING PACK
We're here to help you with your fundraising. If you have a question, call our support team on 0300 330 3322 between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.