Before your Trivia or quiz night
- First things first - find a suitable venue, see if you can hop on the back of a local pub that already hosts a popular quiz night and are happy to donate the proceeds. Make sure to have a confident quiz master who is happy to read the questions and squeeze a few jokes in for good measure!
- Timing – depending on who you plan to invite to your fundraiser, think carefully about an event date so not to clash with any major sports or cultural events.
- Ideas – give lots of thought to how you can make the most of your fundraiser and raise as much as possible. Entice participants with fantastic prizes which could be donated by local businesses.
- Promotion – make the most of your surrounding community, get friends, family and colleagues involved in spreading the word. Contact your local newspaper and radio to advertise your fundraising event and share posters and leaflets around the area.
- You can also download a PDF version of our guidance
- Food and drink – if you’re selling anything for consumption at your charity event then it’s essential to label things for allergens. Head over to the Food Standards Agency for further advice.
- Social media – spread the word by setting up a Facebook event page and let us know how your fundraising activity is going with regular updates – remember to tag us so we can see what you’re up to and say thank you!
- Ask – see if you can hop on the back of a local pub that already hosts a popular quiz night and are happy to donate the proceeds.
- Double your money – ask your team of helpers if they work for a company that offers matched giving and encourage them to apply if they do.
- Licences – check what licences will be required. For example, selling alcohol and playing music both require a license.
- Resources – you can find more materials (e.g. posters) and information about us.
- More support – if you have any queries please call our supporter service centre on 0300 330 3322 or email us.
During your Trivia or quiz night
- Inspire – plan a moment during the evening to say a few words about heart disease and BHF’s work so people understand the difference their support makes. Alternatively, if you have the technology, play one of our videos.
- Theme – remember to include a ‘heart’ themed round to help link the fundraising event back to BHF. Take a look at the research section for some inspiration and amazing facts.
After your Trivia or quiz night
- Banking – count, record and bank the money you raise as soon as you can. It’s a good idea to share responsibility for this amongst more than one person and to prepare in advance by getting some money bags from the bank.
- Thanking – remember to follow up with guests and volunteers to thank them and let them know how much was raised to help fund life-saving research.
Keeping it safe and legal
Kick-start your fundraising
Order or download your free fundraising pack for fundraising guidance, plus materials and goodies. Every fundraiser helps power life saving research to beat heartbreak forever.
Get your fundraising pack
We're here to help you with your fundraising. If you have a question, call our support team on 0300 330 3322 between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.