28th April 2019
Edge Hill University
This annual 5K challenge is suitable for all ages and abilities and is only possible due to the dedicated volunteers at our Rufford BHF Fundraising Group.
| On the Day
|Child Entry 12-16 years old
Participants under 18 must complete an offline entry form and participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult on the day.
Can't run but want to donate?
You can make a donation by:
Please ensure all payments have the AJT Fun Run as a reference
- Sending a cheque direct to the Birmingham Office, - British Heart Foundation, Lyndon Place, 2096 Coventry Road, Sheldon,B26 3YU.
- BACS transfer into our No.4 account – Account Number 90845388 Sort Code 20-03-53
- Call the customer service centre to make donation or request a paying in slip to pay it over the counter at your local Barclays Bank. – 0300 330 3322.
Get in touch
If you would like more information on any of our events, get in touch Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00:
Tel: 0300 330 3322
Email: [email protected]
Location and travel
Edge Hill University campus is located in Ormskirk, in the heart of west Lancashire.
Leave M6 at junction 26 and join M58.
Leave M58 at junction 3, taking the A570 towards Southport and Ormskirk.
You should see signs for ‘Edge Hill University’ when you leave the motorway. From junction 3 the journey is 2.8 miles and takes approximately 5 minutes.
The campus can also be reached from Preston or Liverpool via the A59.
If using an online route planner or sat nav, please note that the university postcode is L39 4QP. Please check that the route provided arrives via the main entrance in St Helens Road. Alternatively enter lat/long co-ordinates 53.558622,-2.875178.
- Via Liverpool: Change at Liverpool Lime Street to Merseyrail Northern Line for Ormskirk Station. You can join the Northern Line at Liverpool Central or Moorfields. These stations can be reached from Liverpool Lime Street via underground /metro Wirral Line, or on foot.
- Via Preston: from Preston Station take train to Ormskirk.
From Ormskirk Station you can get to the Campus in a variety of ways:
- Bus: From Ormskirk train station take the pedestrian walkway to Ormskirk bus station and connect with the Edge Link bus for a direct route to campus.
- Walk: Turn right from the station and walk up the road you are on, Station Approach. At the top turn left, then first right. Walk along Stanley Street and Knowsley Road, across two junctions, until you reach the main St Helens Road. Turn left and continue until you reach the Campus.
- Taxi: There are 24-hour taxi services opposite the station entrance.
Your fundraising helps our researchers
make more discoveries and keep more hearts beating.
Create an online fundraising page - it's the easiest way to get sponsored. Share your page on Facebook, Twitter and by email so your family and friends can sponsor you.
CREATE AN ONLINE FUNDRAISING PAGE
Take a look at our fundraising guide for more inspirational ideas to boost your fundraising.
Get fit for your challenge
Being active is an important part of reducing your risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Get more heart health tips
Make sure you have the right kit
You should wear comfortable, appropriate clothing and footwear suitable for running.
Get your family and friends involved
Your family and friends could be part of the action as well.
Why not ask them to take part with you.
On the day information
Event location: The start of the run will be at Edge Hill University, St Helens Road Ormskirk L39 4QP
Refreshments are available to purchase at an on site cafe and free water will be available .
||14:30 for all walkers, marshals and volunteers
There is a car park on site and toilet facilities will be accessible.
Please note there are changing facilities but no storage facilities.