It is so easy to let people know about your fundraising. Through social media you can raise more money and keep your sponsors up to date with your training. Here are some tips on the best way to use social media to raise more money.
- Set up a JustGiving page and share on social media
- Keep everyone up to date with your progress on Facebook and Twitter. You can use our hashtags to spread the word.
- Include a link to your online fundraising page so that your supporters can donate online.
- Create videos of your training and upload it to Youtube, then share a link.
- Ask your friends and family to share your posts and tweets.
You can also email your family, friends and colleagues and ask them to donate.
Get your local media involved
Publicising your event in the local media is a great way to attract support, while raising awareness of our life saving research. Find your local papers contact details in your newspaper or online. Remember, it’s always worth following your press release up with a phone call.
Here is a template press release to get you started
Download our posters and promote your event or fundraising in your local pub, shop, school or office.
Say thank you
After your event, don't forget to say thank you to those who have supported you. It might even prompt a few more people to donate.