Take on Cycle Vietnam to Cambodia
2 - 12 November 2019
Vietnam and Cambodia
2 - 12 November 2019
This breathtaking bike ride will take you from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) to the ancient temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Before you start cycling you’ll have time to explore the fascinating city of Saigon, before you commence with the rest of the journey. Then it's 382km of cycling taking you through many traditional Vietnamese villages, following gorgeous streams and rivers, passing paddy fields and adjacent to stunning mountains.
After a fascinating river journey and rest day on the Mekong and Bassac Rivers, you'll cross the border into Cambodia and push on to the world famous temple site of Angkor Wat, arguably one of most fascinating wonders of the world! Built by the Khmer civilisation, Angkor Wat represents one of mankind’s most astonishing architectural achievements and is certainly the jewel in Cambodia’s crown.
Two fascinating countries – one awesome charity challenge. Join us today on this magical cycle for charity and experience South East Asia at its best!
Download a brochure
Find out more
If you would like to find out more about cycling from Vietnam to Cambodia with us, or about any of our other overseas challenges, get in touch Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00:
Tel: 0300 222 5721
Please note: We are working with Global Adventure Challenges, a specialist tour operator which organises and manages this event on behalf of BHF. Participants raising funds for British Heart Foundation will be joined by others, raising money for different charities.
Costs and dates
| 2 March - 12 March 2019
|| SIGN UP CLOSED
| 2 November - 12 November 2019
|| Sign up now
Minimum sponsorship option
You'll pay a registration fee when booking your place on the challenge and then agree to raise the minimum amount of sponsorship for your route, a portion of your fundraising will cover your event costs and the rest will go towards our life saving research.
| November 2019
*80% (£2,480) raised by 21 December 2018 or 23 August 2019
Self-fund payment option
You pay the total cost of the challenge yourself and aim to raise the suggested fundraising goal below. Whatever you raise on top of paying your challenge costs will go towards our life saving research.
||Suggested fundraising goal
*To be paid to tour operator 8 weeks before event
What's included in your challenge costs
- Flights from a London airport to Ho Chi Minh City, then return from Siem Reap to a London airport
- All meals from dinner on day 2 to breakfast on day 10
- Bottled drinking water for all cycling day
- Snacks and fruit for cycling days
- Vehicles for backup, support and transfers
- Local bike hire with spares
- Mechanic and medical support
- Local English speaking guides for Phnom Penh and Siem Reap visit
- Local boat trip to visit floating Cai Rang Market, Vietnam (day 5)
- Speed boat ticket – Chau Doc to Phnom Penh (day 6)
- All local ferry tickets
- Entrance fee into Angkor Wat Temple Complex,
- Global Adventure Challenges leader from the UK and full, comprehensive first aid kits.
Other things to budget for
Some expenses are not included in your challenge costs:
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharge – these are approximately £250 per person and payable 8 weeks prior to departure
- Gratuities – the local guides and staff all work extremely hard to ensure a successful trip, so we recommend demonstrating your appreciation through a group tip
- Alcoholic drinks and drinks during meals
- Personal expenses such as gifts and international calls
- Visas for Vietnam and Cambodia. The Cambodia visa is obtained at the border – you will need to take $30 (US) and 2 passport sized photos.
- Travel insurance – suitable for overseas charity challenges, you must have this to be allowed to travel.
- Vaccinations where required - details for vaccinations can be found on Fit for Travel website
Getting prepared for your challenge
Training and kit
If you would like to find out more, get in touch with the Challenge Events team Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00
Tel: 0300 222 5721