The Weekly Flutter rules
The British Heart Foundation (BHF) Weekly Flutter is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. License Number: 004818
Promoter: British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London. NW1 7AW
Responsible People: Amanda Bringans, Mike Taylor and Kelly Maklowicz
Registered Charity Number: 225971
Flutter Office Contact Details:
British Heart Foundation Weekly Flutter P.O. Box 653
T 01524 752 050
Terms and Conditions:
1) Your purchase of BHF Weekly Lottery entries is from British Heart Foundation ("The Promoter”), solely in accordance with the terms under which the Charity from time to time promotes its lotteries.
2) You represent and agree that;
a) You are 18 years of age or over
b) You are a resident of Great Britain
c) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 18
d) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address and telephone number and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
3) You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraphs 2 (a), (b) and (c) above.
4) You accept that The BHF Weekly Flutter is regulated by the Gambling Commission and that in certain circumstances we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your lottery entries.
5) The cost of each entry is £1 per play. Members may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted.
6) The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme.
7) The BHF Weekly Flutter draw will be conducted by a Random Number Generator (RNG) every Friday. The results will be published on the BHF website https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-help/donate/bhf-big-wins/flutter and will be available via the Flutter Helpline on 01524 752 050 from the next available working day (Lottery Office open Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm except on public holidays).
8) The prizes for The BHF Weekly Flutter are printed in the leaflets provided and on the BHF website https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-help/donate/bhf-big-wins/flutter. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 14 days.
9) No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
10) The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
11) The Promoter operates a Complaints And Disputes Procedure which is available via the BHF website https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-help/donate/bhf-big-wins/flutter and which will also be made available to customers upon request or upon a receipt of a complaint.
12) BHF is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the BHF website https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-help/donate/bhf-big-wins/flutter, or request further information via the Flutter Helpline on 01524 752 050.
13) Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of Flutter entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations.
14) The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall, once made, shall be final and binding.
15) We reserve the right to contact winners and ask to use their name, location and prize for marketing purposes.
16) All profits raised from the BHF Weekly Flutter will go towards the work of the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
17) Supporters in Northern Ireland can join the lottery either by telephone, the website or via any postal marketing campaigns.
18) BHF employees and volunteers may enter the BHF Weekly Flutter, apart from BHF trustees, BHF’s Executive Strategy Team, and those BHF employees directly involved in the administration or management of the BHF Weekly Flutter. Where they could have or be perceived to have an unfair advantage, employees of any External Lottery Manager involved in the promotion or facilitation of the BHF Weekly Flutter, and anyone professionally connected with the BHF Weekly Flutter in any way may not enter the BHF Weekly Flutter.
19) You may purchase more than one entry but the maximum number of entries is thirty five x £1 per person per week.
20) From time to time the Promoter may increase the pool of prizes available in a particular Weekly Flutter draw (each of these one-off bigger draws is called a ‘Superdraw’). In any week in which the Promoter runs a Superdraw, each of your Flutter entries will become entries to the Superdraw at no extra charge to you.
21) No liability is accepted for:
a. any loss or damage, including the right to receive a prize, suffered by you if you have not complied with these terms and conditions or any relevant participation instructions;
b. the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication or entry, or which is damaged or illegible, from which the entrant or winner cannot be identified or which has insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
d. the Promoter’s failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change;
e. loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the BHF Weekly Flutter or your use of any prize (including but not limited to direct, indirect and/or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered in sustained in connection with the prize or any part of it;
f. any interruptions or errors on or to the Website; technical hardware or software errors or failures or lost, faulty or unavailable network connections; or
g. any failure or delay beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
22) The Promoter is not liable in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise in connection with the BHF Weekly Flutter for loss of revenue, contract, profits, anticipated savings or loss of data, any special or indirect or consequential losses or any loss of goodwill or reputation. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
23) All warranties, conditions or guarantees relating to the BHF Weekly Flutter made by or on behalf of the Promoter whether express or implied by law, in the course of dealings or otherwise, are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
24) Subject to clause x, the Promoter’s liability to any customer shall be limited to the amount of any prize which have become due to you.
25) The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any significant changes shall be notified via the Website or by contacting you directly using the contact details you provided to us on registration (such method to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion).
27) Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of BHF Weekly Flutter entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations. After your final entries into the BHF Weekly Flutter, any sums under £1 remaining in your account shall be donated to the BHF.
28) Winners’ cheques will be dispatched by post and details of the winners will be made available on the BHF website. Any cheques remaining uncashed for over 6 months will be cancelled and the unclaimed prizes will be used to fund BHF’s life-saving work (although no Gift Aid will be claimed).