But you don't have to rest on your laurels. Part of staying active is keeping it interesting. Build on the amount of physical activity you're already doing. Keep setting new goals, have fun and stay healthy.
And keep recording your level of activity in a diary. Being able to chart your progress and see how far you've come will help set you up for the next challenge.
Top tips to keep improving
- Join the fight for every heartbeat. From hikes to bike riding and swimming to runs, there's sure to be a challenging and inspiring event for you.
- Do things you enjoy. We're all more likely to do something and stick to it if we enjoy it.
- Remember the positives. Think about how being active can make you feel - fitter, more energised, relaxed, self-confident, toned and happy.
- Be creative and vary your activities. Change the place or time where you do your activity or try something totally new to keep things exciting.
- Be social. Get your friends, family or neighbours involved - you can help each other and be active together.
- Always be ready to go. Keep your walking shoes near the door or a gym bag packed and ready so you can use every chance to get active.
- Don't stop. Missing a day just means starting again tomorrow. Your health is worth the effort now and in the future.
Want to know more?
Order or download our physical activity publications: