Working in partnership with NHS East London and the City and London Borough Newham, we’re investing £1.5 million in improving the heart health of the local Newham community.
To help make a difference to the lives and heart health of people in Newham, through funding heart health activities in the area.
The funding pays for a series of heart health activities including:
- the set-up of three community food growing areas
- healthy lifestyle classes
- a maternity dietician to support women after their babies are born
- theatre and film projects for young people to discourage them from smoking
- an awareness campaign to promote sports and activity events and opportunities in the borough to get young people more active.
For more information about Hearty Lives Newham, please contact Area Development Manager Diane Card on [email protected].