CPR training resources for workplaces
Thank you for running a CPR training event at your workplace. Now that you have your kit, below is everything you need to run life saving CPR training. Choose the resources relevant to your session from our list below.
1. Posters and advertising
Download our editable ‘Learn life saving CPR skills’ posters to advertise your CPR training event around your place of work.
See our CPR FAQs for an idea of how to answer questions your colleagues may ask on the day.
- You will have been sent a DVD with the training videos in your CPR kit, which you can also access via our CPR training videos page.
- Below are motivational videos that you could use on the day, to demonstrate why CPR is an important skill to have:
BHF nurse helped to save the life of her then partner, Norman, by performing CPR when he had a cardiac arrest.
In the below video two BT engineers meet Angus and his family for the first time since they performed CPR on him and helped to save his life.
3. Key quotes
Below are key quotes that you can use to talk about your CPR training. Add these to posters and leaflets to get your colleagues thinking:
- Learn CPR and save a life. Teach CPR and save thousands.
- Every year in the UK over 30,000 cardiac arrests occur out of hospital. That's 30,000 opportunities to help save a life.
- You are part of our Nation of Life savers, by learning CPR you will be arming yourself with the skills that could help save lives in your society.
- Currently in the UK just one in ten people survive however in countries like Norway, where CPR is more widely taught, almost four in ten people survive.
4. Wristbands and certificates
You can order some of our wristbands to give away at your training. To do this call the Heart Helpline on 0300 330 3311, selecting option 1 to be directed to our call centre and quote the code CPR2, or you can order CPR wristbands online.
Click on the images below to download our pdf certificates, adding the names of people, teams or your organisation before printing. Please note you must have the ‘Pro’ version of Adobe Acrobat to edit these files on your computer or ask a design agency to do it for you.
If you’re unable to print these we have certificates which you can order in time for your event. To do this call our Heart Helpline on 0300 330 3311, selecting option 1 and quote the code CPR1 or order CPR certificates from our website.
Please note we are not able to print certificates for you with your own logos but you are welcome to do this yourself using the artwork above.
5. CPR quiz
Our quick and easy to use CPR quiz is a useful tool that will allow you to see what you and your fellow trainees have learned in your training session. Share this after your training session to recap what has been learnt.
Take our CPR quiz
Useful website materials
Our What is CPR? page is a useful support for questions around CPR.
To see what difference we have made so far, have a look at our CPR history timeline.
See our written step by step process on how to do CPR, for future reference.