CPR training resources for schools
Thank you for running a CPR training event at your school.
Now that you have your kit, here’s everything you need to run life saving CPR training. Choose the resources relevant to your session from our list below.
1. Posters and advertising
Download our editable ‘Learn life saving CPR skills’ posters to advertise your CPR training event around your school.
Use our ‘CPR champion’ posters and resources package throughout the training journey to generate interest and reward students for taking part. They can use their CPR champion status on their CV or if applying for further education.
You will have been sent a DVD with the training videos in your CPR kit, which you can also access via our CPR training videos page.
We have an inspiring case study video about Sarah Salami, who learned CPR at school through our training kits. Two weeks later she managed to save her fathers life.
Below are motivational videos that you could use on the day, to demonstrate why CPR is an important skill to have:
- Alex’s was saved by someone who knew how to perform CPR:
3. Supporting resources
- Our speedy response activity will allow you to test students on what they have learnt and reward them for their participation:
- You may choose to outline your CPR training event in an assembly session; you can use our assembly plan to do this:
- If you want to create a buzz in your school, our flash mob activity is a fun and informal way of generating interest in your CPR training:
4. Key quotes
Below are key quotes that you can use to talk about your CPR training. Add these to posters and leaflets to get your students thinking:
- Learn CPR and save a life. Teach CPR and save thousands.
- Every year in the UK over 30,000 cardiac arrests occur out of hospital. That's 30,000 opportunities to help save a life.
- You are part of our Nation of Lifesavers, by learning CPR you will be arming yourself with the skills that could help save lives in your society.
- Currently in the UK just one in ten people survive however in countries like Norway, where CPR is more widely taught, almost four in ten people survive
5. Wristbands and certificates
You can order some of our wristbands to give away at your training. To do this call the BHF order line on 0870 600 6566 and quote the code CPR2, or you can order CPR wristbands online.
Click on the images below to download our pdf certificates, adding the names of students and schools before printing. Please note you must have the ‘Pro’ version of Adobe Acrobat to edit these files on your computer or ask your design agency to do it for you.
If you’re unable to print these we have certificates which you can order in time for your event. To do this call the BHF order line on 0870 600 6566 and quote the code CPR1 or you can order CPR certificates from our website.
Please note we are not able to print certificates for you with your own logos but you are welcome to do this yourself using the artwork above.
6. CPR quiz
Our quick and easy to use CPR quiz is a useful tool that will allow you to see what you and your fellow trainees have learned in your training session. Share this after your training session to recap what has been learnt.
Go to the CPR quiz
Useful website materials
Our What is CPR? page is a useful support for questions around CPR.
To see what difference we have made so far, have a look at our CPR history timeline.
See our written step by step process on how to do CPR, for future reference.