World Heart Day 2017
World Heart Day is on 29th September so get involved and promote some heart healthy messages across your workplace.
We’ve put together some quick wins and activities that take a bit more planning, so you can join in however much time you have to spare:
- Host a ‘Love Your Heart’ Party – host a celebration event in your workplace to inspire your colleagues to be heart healthy, take a look at our event guide for more ideas on running a health promotion event and important cardiovascular disease messages to promote to staff.
- World Heart Day Activities – Get involved with activities that are already happening in your area and signpost your colleagues to do the same using the World Heart Day interactive map.
- Use the day as a launch event – Why not use World Heart Day to launch a new campaign or initiative in your workplace? Take a look at our pedometer challenge resources and launch your challenge on World Heart Day and get colleagues active to improve their heart health.
- Be Inspired – Make the most of the worldwide campaign by taking inspiration from around the world and learn about healthy habits of other nations. Or you could take on our around the world in 30 days challenge and explore foods from across the globe.
- Keep it simple – don’t have enough time to organise an event or challenge? Don’t worry, you can still make a difference on World Heart Day. Small changes can make a powerful difference. You could send out an email to all staff with some key messages around heart health, and link to some online resources such as our Heart Age Tool and 10 minutes to change your life challenges.