Be in with a chance of winning this World Heart Day
This month we’re encouraging our members to get involved in World Heart Day by creating ‘healthy heart environments’ in their workplaces. This is a chance for people across the globe to take part in the world's biggest intervention against cardiovascular disease (CVD).
World Heart Day takes place on Tuesday 29 September, and you can get involved by planning your own health promotion event. This could be anything from setting up information stalls in reception or the staff canteen to a full day of interactive activities, health checks and talks. Whatever you do, it’s a fantastic opportunity to make people aware of heart disease.
Send in a picture and be in with a chance of winning
After you’ve held your event, email us a picture of your staff getting heart healthy, along with your name, your organisation and details of your event, and we’ll enter you into our prize draw to win our brand new Health at Work goodies* – so that you and your staff never forget about workplace health and wellbeing.
Send your picture
*Goodies include 10 Health at Work mugs, 10 Health at Work pens and 10 packs of Health at Work sticky notes.
A winner will be chosen at random on Tuesday 13 October 2015 and notified by Friday 16 October 2015. View the full terms and conditions here.
Looking to hold a World Heart Day event?
Here’s 5 ways to get started:
- Order or download our event guide for workplace health coordinators.
- Read our top tips on how to make your workplace a healthy heart environment.
- Ask senior management for their support – you can use our business case resources to make sure they’re aware of all the benefits of supporting their workforce.
- Get additional heart healthy resources from the Health at Work resource catalogue – we’ve got everything you need.
- Check out our events and training pages to see if these could benefit your business.
For more ideas about how to get your workplace heart healthy visit our healthy ideas section of the website.