Our top fundraising tips for using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Tweet and tell people information about what you're doing and why.
- Share a link to your online fundraising page.
- Follow relevant people, local businesses and important people in your community. If they follow you back it might open up new opportunities for help with your event or donations.
- @reply your close connections on Twitter and ask them to retweet your tweets.
- Remember, if you want everyone who’s following you to see your tweets don’t include an @name at the front of your message.
- Try and mention @thebhf as we love to see your tweets!
- Communicate with people outside of your followers by using a hashtag. Make hashtags relevant and always use your local area (like #Cambridge).
- Update your Facebook status about your fundraising, tell people why you're doing it, share a link to your online fundraising page.
- If you're hosting an event, create an event on Facebook to invite friends and followers.
- Upload photos to Instagram to engage people every step of the way and be sure to use hashtags to help you reach more people.
- Update friends on your preparation so they know how much work you’re putting into raising money for our life saving research.
- Don't forget your BHF merchandise to feature in your selfies.
Social media pictures
Use these on your profile or when you're posting updates about your fundraising.