Essential Kit & Equipment
- Comfortable, waterproof back-pack
- Snacks - but never things you've never something you're eating for the first time. Upset stomachs are often caused by riders trying an energy supplement on the day they've never eaten before.
- Water bottle
- Suitable clothing - ones you have ridden in before to ensure comfort. Not too thick or absorbent.
- Suitable footwear
- Spare tube
- Tyre levers
- Puncture repair kit
- Rain protection
- Participant number (both personal and bike one)
- Safety pins
- Cable ties
- Bike lights (essential for the London to Brighton Off-Road Bike Ride as it may have started to get dark before you finish the ride)
- Hydration pack
- Energy bars/supplements (e.g. Gels)
- Energy drinks
- Mud protectors
- Small first aid kit
- Protective first aid gloves
- Nettle rash spray/cream
Check the weather before the day as this should have a big bearing on what you pack. If it's going to be hot and sunny you'll need sun cream and be in a position to increase your fluid intake.
If it is cool or wet, pack clothes and layers that will keep you warm. A good light rain coat is essential in wet weather - and is often the difference between a stylish looking finisher and a freezing cold disheveled one. If it is set to be cold, many people forget to think about nutrition and hydration. Ensure you keep up your fluid and food intake.
Buy some 'stash'
And if you want to look the part on the day and show the world that you're supporting the fight against heart disease, check out our range of cycling kit available for you to purchase. From cycling jerseys and shorts to bags and other equipment. You'll find everything you need to not only have a great event, but look amazing while you're conquering it.
Visit the shop