Please send outline applications to both [email protected] and [email protected]
Deadline for outline applications is 1 June 2018.
Funders will review the outline applications and feedback will be provided by 15 August 2018. A short-listed consortia will then be invited to submit full applications.
The deadline for receipt of full applications is 16 November 2018. Applications will then undergo international expert peer review. Funding decisions will be announced in March 2019.
Outline applications must be submitted using the Outline Application Form. You can find a summary of required information below. Further guidance is provided on the application form.
- Project title and duration
- Principal UK and principal German Centre for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK) investigators
- Brief summary of limits of current scientific knowledge on the topic and the need for more research, with any key pilot data
- Outline scientific plan of the proposed hypothesis-led research programme, including experimental aims and methods. A statement of how the results will translate to address unmet clinical need
- A clear statement of how the joint funding will enable science that could not be achieved via national funding. How this award will complement but not overlap with ongoing funding held by the PIs and CoIs (see 9 below)
- A tabulated summary of resources required
- A brief justification for the requested budget items
- Role of each applicant
- If applicable, role of a commercial partner
- Brief CVs of PIs and CoIs, each including 5 key publications relevant to the project
- A list of current grants (source, title and award value) held by PIs and CoIs.