Outline applications should be submitted in a single email to [email protected] and [email protected] and must be received by 1 June 2018.
Outline applications will be reviewed by the funders. By 15 August 2018 feedback will be provided to all applicants and short-listed consortia will be invited to submit full applications. The deadline for receipt of full applications will be 16 November 2018. Applications will undergo international expert peer review and funding decisions will be announced in March 2019.
Outline applications must be submitted using the Outline Application Form. The information required is summarised below; further guidance is provided on the form.
- Project title and duration
- Principal UK and the principal German Centre for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK) investigators
- Brief summary of limits of current scientific knowledge on the topic and the need for more research, with any key pilot data
- Outline scientific plan of the proposed hypothesis-led research programme, including experimental aims and methods, and a statement of how the results will translate to address unmet clinical need
- A clear statement of how the joint funding will enable science that could not be achieved via national funding, and how this award will complement but not overlap with ongoing funding held by the PIs and CoIs (see 9 below).
- A tabulated summary of resources required
- A brief justification for the requested budget items
- Role of each applicant
- If applicable, role of commercial partner
- Brief CVs of PIs and CoIs, each including 5 key publications relevant to the project.
- A list of current grants (source, title and award value) held by PIs and CoIs.