TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Access to and use of this site is provided by BHF subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
BHF reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to BHF are provided “as is”, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will BHF be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages or loss of profits whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
BHF does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs, nor do we guarantee the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
You may also want to read our Privacy and Cookies policy.
TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHT AND OTHER RIGHTS
a. BHF is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, including the British Heart Foundation and DECHOX logos, as well as any rights in the Material. The Material is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and all right are reserved. You may not use or do anything with the Material or any of our intellectual property rights apart from as set out in this section.b. The names, images and logos identifying the BHF or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of the BHF and/or third parties as appropriate. You may only use these where they are included on any pages or documents that you copy and use in accordance with this section. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions or on the Website may be construed as conferring any licence or right under any trademark or patent of the BHF or any third party.c. Commercial use or publication of all or any Material is strictly prohibited without prior written authorisation from BHF.d. You may: i. print off or download any page(s) from the Website for your personal use; and ii. copy documents on this Website for personal, non-commercial use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely.e. You must NOT: i. modify the paper or digital copies of any Material you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; or ii. copy, display or publish any of the Material (including any photos, documents or text) in a way which is accessible to the public (for example, on another website) without prior written authorisation from BHF.f. Please note that some of the Material (including some documents and photos) has been published on this Website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not BHF). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners.
Linking to the British Heart Foundation website can help communicate valuable information to patients, medical professionals, volunteers and other interested parties about heart disease and related issues. It is not necessary to request permission to link to the BHF website, although we reserve the right to request the removal of any link. The BHF logo may not be used without prior written permission, which may be requested by emailing us. A link to the BHF site must not be used to imply BHF endorsement of the site, related products or services. Your site must not conflict with the aims of the BHF.
The BHF website includes links to external websites. We receive many link requests and only link to sites which we believe provide useful information that will be of interest to our users. BHF has no control and therefore takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites even when we have included a link on our own Website. The existence of a link from our Website to any other website is for information purposes only and does not imply that the BHF endorses the activities or views of that website or the organisation behind the site, nor does it indicate any form of association or partnership on our part. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of those sites.
The British Heart Foundation proudly works with the Fundraising Regulator, an independent body who set and maintain the standards for charitable fundraising. The role of the Fundraising Regulator is as follows:
To set and promote the standards for fundraising practice (‘the code’ and associated rulebooks) in consultation with the public, fundraising stakeholders and legislators.
To investigate cases where fundraising practices have led to significant public concern.
To adjudicate complaints from the public about fundraising practice, where these cannot be resolved by the charities themselves.
To operate a fundraising preference service to enable individuals to manage their contact with charities.
Where poor fundraising practice is judged to have taken place, recommend best practice guidance and take proportionate remedial action.
We promise to be honest, fair and open about our fundraising with you, our supporters.
Find out more on the Fundraising Regulator website
Read our policy to find out more about giving feedback or making a complaint
DONATIONS AND PAYMENTS
a. Although BHF seeks to protect online payment details in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, the security of such information transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. As such any data transferred is at your own risk.
b. If you use a payment card on our Website, you must be the authorised user of the card and have permission and funds to make the relevant payment or donation.
c. If you have made a donation of money in error please call the Supporter Services team on 0300 330 3322 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or email [email protected]
and they will be happy to discuss your refund with you. Please note we will not be able to return donated items.
By submitting a photo as part of DECHOX, you are confirming:
that the BHF is authorised to use the photograph/image submitted by you for this year and next year’s campaign, and any other items including, but not limited to its printed publications, website items, display materials and press releases, without limitation of time and not restricted to this event;
that we are also authorised to use the photograph/image on social media sites including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter;
and that you are fully entitled to give this authorisation on behalf of everyone that appears in the photo/image, including full parental/guardian consent for anyone under the age of 16.
That you will not submit any inappropriate material and in the event of this occurring, it will be rejected immediately.
Image consent can be withdrawn at any time by notifying BHF in writing, however, once information is placed on the internet, we do lose a degree of control over the distribution and retrieval of such information. Therefore please keep this in mind when providing consent. You understand and agree that that the British Heart Foundation will not be required to stop using material that is already produced or recall material that is already in circulation, but that you will be able to request that we do not use your story or photo in any future publications or campaigns.
1. The Promoter is British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road London, NW1 7AW (Promoter).
2. To be entered into the free give away individuals must have donated over £75 (not including Gift Aid) to DECHOX by midnight on 30th April 2018, and participants entered as a team must have donated over £75 per team member (not including Gift Aid) to DECHOX by midnight on 30th April 2018.
3. For individuals there are prizes for having donations pledged in the amount of at least £75 (not including Gift Aid), £150 (not including Gift Aid) and over £300 (not including Gift Aid), these prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
4. For participants entered as a team there are prizes for having donations pledged in the amount of at least £75 per team member (not including Gift Aid), £150 per team member (not including Gift Aid) and over £300 per team member (not including Gift Aid), these prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
5. For individuals the prizes are a chocolate medal for £75, a metal and enamel medal for £150 and entry to a prize draw for raising £300. For each complete additional £150 raised over £300, another entry will be made for the fundraiser into the draw.
6. For Teams the prizes are a chocolate medal each for £75 raised per team member, a metal and enamel medal each for £150 raised per team member and entry to a prize draw for raising £300 or more per team member. For each complete additional £150 raised per team member over £300, another entry will be made for the fundraiser into the draw.
7. The promoter reserves the right to change the prizes or cancel the draw at any time.
8. The free give away is only open to people aged 18 or over and resident in mainland Britain.
9. Only one entry per person is permitted.
10. The winners will be notified by post with their prize no later than the end of May 2018. Only the winners will be notified and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters.
11. If we do not hold an address for the winner, the BHF reserves the right to select a substitute winner. The free give away will delivered to winners by post no later than the end of May 2018.
12. The free give away is not open to employees of British Heart Foundation, their families, agents, or affiliates of BHF, or anyone involved in this free give away.
13. Signing up to DECHOX and raising donations of over £75 (not including Gift Aid) as an individual, or over £200 (not including Gift Aid) as a team, will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14. Any data collected is for DECHOX purposes only.
15. No purchase is necessary to enter the free give away.
16. The Promoter takes no responsibility or liability for any lost or damaged prizes.
17. The winners will be judged by the BHF.
18. Entrants should register for DECHOX at bhf.org.uk/dechox
19. Entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that the contact details they provide are up to date and accurate.
20. By signing up to DECHOX you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
DECHOX SURVEY – PRIZE DRAW
1. The Promoter is British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road London, NW1 7AW (Promoter).
2. To be entered into the free give away you must have completed the DECHOX survey form by midnight on 4 May 2018.
3. The prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
4. The prize is a £20 M&S voucher.
5. The promoter reserves the right to change the prizes or cancel the draw at any time.
6. The free give away is only open to people aged 18 or over and resident in mainland Britain.
7. Only one entry per person is permitted.
8. The winners will be notified by email of their prize no later than the end of May 2018. Only the winners will be notified and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters.
9. If we do not hold an address for the winner, the BHF reserves the right to select a substitute winner. The free give away will delivered to winners by post no later than the end of May 2018.
10. The free give away is not open to employees of British Heart Foundation, their families, agents, or affiliates of BHF, or anyone involved in this free give away.
11. Completing the DECHOX survey form and providing your details will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
12. Any data collected is for DECHOX purposes only.
13. No purchase is necessary to enter the free give away.
14. The Promoter takes no responsibility or liability for any lost or damaged prizes.
15. The winners will be judged by the BHF.
16. Entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that the contact details they provide are up to date and accurate.
17. By completing the DECHOX survey form you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
TEXT TO DONATE
You will be charged £3, plus one message at your standard network rate. The BHF will receive 100% of your donation. If you wish to discuss this mobile payment call 020 3282 7863. The BHF is a registered charity in England & Wales (225971) and Scotland (SC039426). We will contact you by phone and SMS to tell you more about our work and how you can be part of it. If you do not wish to be contacted, text NOCOMMS BHF to 70060.
British Heart Foundation is a registered Charity No. 225971. Registered as a Company limited by guarantee in England & Wales No. 699547.
Registered office at Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London NW1 7AW. Registered as a Charity in Scotland No. SC039426