Clinical Research Leave Fellowship
To provide an opportunity for talented NHS
staff to undertake dedicated PAs in research in a recognised UK
centre of excellence in cardiovascular medicine.
- NHS consultant with recent research
- Residency requirements apply –
- Up to 1 year full-time or up to 3 years part-time.
Award may include
- Reimbursement of reasonable costs to cover relinquished
- Research consumables, directly attributable to the
How to apply
- Read the information in How
- If you are applying for funding for a clinical study, also
- Log onto the online application
- Complete all the sections of the online application form
following the instructions in the GMS User
- The online application must be completed by the applicant.
- Candidates may be interviewed.
You will be asked to attach a single PDF document to your online
application form containing the following information:
- For resubmissions, include previous feedback
and provide a detailed response explaining how the revised
application has changed from the original submission.
Abstract of the proposed investigation in less than 150
- Background to the project and pilot
- Original hypothesis.
- Experimental details and design of proposed
- Expected value of results.
- List of references relevant to the proposed
- Full list of applicant's publications.
- Additional pages for appendices (e.g. charts,
graphs, photos); must be kept to a minimum and should be submitted
only if essential to the understanding of the
- Letter of support from the Clinical Service
Director, including a justification for the costs claimed to cover
- Letter of support from the Head of Department
- Supporting letters from
- Valid copy of ethical approval if
Sections 2-7 must not exceed 6 A4
sides. The PDF file size must not exceed
Please ensure Arial font size 12 is used. If this
font size is not used, the application will be rejected prior to
There are no closing dates.
Please submit the application when it is ready. Receipt will be
acknowledged within 24 hours and we will advise you when you can
expect the result. Candidates may be interviewed and a decision on
this will be reached by the Fellowships
Committee (4 meetings a year) after it has considered external
peer review reports.
Allow 9 months from submission to decision.