Healthy hearts kit - a new interactive BHF training resource designed to help people understand their own hearts and how they can look after them. It has been produced to help health trainers and advocates, interpreters, NHS health promotion staff, and voluntary and community workers deliver training suitable for the public at large, but also includes vital information for particularly high risk groups like South Asian and black and minority ethnic communities.
*To order the Healthy Hearts Kit, please call the BHF Orderline on 0870 600 6566*
Format: Other, 84 pages, 2 DVDs
Extended description: The Healthy hearts kit is an interactive BHF training resource designed to help you help others to understand their own hearts and how they can look after them.
• how the heart works
• the risk factors for coronary heart disease, and
• what they can do to reduce their own chances of developing coronary heart disease through a healthy diet and exercise.
The kit contains everything you need to deliver the Healthy hearts course, which can be run as two one-day sessions, a series of six modules, or on a one-to-one basis, including:
• A4 training manual. All the information you need for each session, plus help on how to plan and deliver the Healthy hearts course.
• A4 ringbound desktop training aid. Visual cards to support each session and training cards to assist the trainer.
• USB stick. Printable copies of supporting resources and a PowerPoint presentation of the visual cards.
Supporting resources include:
• The eatwell plate, a visual guide to the main food groups
• Pack of food cards, showing the fat, salt and sugar contents of a range of foods
• How the heart works A2 poster
• BHF DVDs on heart healthy living
• self assessment sheets to help people make healthy lifestyle changes
• giveaways including a food labelling ready reckoner
Resource Code: G453KTT
Date Published: 07/03/2011
Publications for: General, Health Professionals, People with Heart Disease, General public
Subject: Keeping Your Heart Healthy, Healthy Eating, Smoking
Age Group: Adults