Extended Description: The Healthy hearts kit is an interactive BHF training resource designed to help you help others to understand their own hearts and how they can look after them.
• how the heart works
• the risk factors for coronary heart disease, and
• what they can do to reduce their own chances of developing coronary heart disease through a healthy diet and exercise.
The kit contains everything you need to deliver the Healthy hearts course, which can be run as two one-day sessions, a series of six modules, or on a one-to-one basis, including:
• A4 training manual. All the information you need for each session, plus help on how to plan and deliver the Healthy hearts course.
• A4 ringbound desktop training aid. Visual cards to support each session and training cards to assist the trainer.
• USB stick. Printable copies of supporting resources and a PowerPoint presentation of the visual cards.
Supporting resources include:
• The eatwell plate, a visual guide to the main food groups
• Pack of food cards, showing the fat, salt and sugar contents of a range of foods
• How the heart works A2 poster
• BHF DVDs on heart healthy living
• self assessment sheets to help people make healthy lifestyle changes
• giveaways including a food labelling ready reckoner
Resource Code: G453KTT
Publications for: General, Health Professionals, People with Heart Disease, General public
Subject: Keeping Your Heart Healthy, Healthy Eating, Smoking
Age Group: Adults