Our work in Northern Ireland
Join volunteers like Jimmy at our 2014 Supporters
Join BHF Northern Ireland Lead Volunteer Jimmy Walker and our
local supporters at our Annual Conference on Thursday 5 June 2014
at Dunsilly Hotel, Antrim.
- Hear from our CEO Simon Gillespie on how our work is making a
difference and what our commitment is for the future of
cardiovascular health in Northern Ireland.
- Hear from our BHF Medical Director Prof Peter Weissberg as he
showcases the latest advances in cardiovascular research.
- Get an update from locally funded researcher Dr David Grieves
from Queens University, Belfast.
- Share your experiences, feedback and ideas on how BHF Northern
Ireland should tackle cardiovascular disease locally.
- Celebrate our heart heroes – the brave people who’ve given up
their time, money and story to help us win the fight against heart
For more information and to register for this free event,
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
BHF in Northern Ireland
Together, we’ve achieved so much over the years. Diagnosis and
treatment of heart disease is more effective than ever before,
death rates have fallen dramatically. We’re working hard
across Northern Ireland to keep up the fight. Join
In Northern Ireland so far
- More than £1.4 million to fund
pioneering research over the last five years at Queens
- We’ve invested over £450,000 in our life-saving Heartstart programme, teaching emergency life
support skills in schools, workplaces and communities since
- Providing our free Heart Matters
service to 8,000 local people
- Supporting over 100 health care professionals, including
heart nurses in Northern
- Investing £500,000 in our three Hearty Lives projects in
Carrickfergus, Craigavon and Cookstown
- Successfully campaigning for the development of the country’s
first ever Community Resuscitation strategy which aims to increase
survival rates from out of hospital cardiac arrests in Northern
What can you do?
Raise money to fund pioneering research
Last year millions spent on research exploring
new ways to prevent, treat and cure heart disease.
Donate your time by volunteering
Each year hundreds of volunteers fight against
heart disease. You can too. Find out about
volunteering with us in Northern Ireland and join the
Campaign on issues important to your community
One signature could make all the
diference. With your help we have successfully campaigned
on lots of heart related topics.
Help us make
If you Like us, stay up to date
You can keep up to date with the latest news and
infromation about our work in Northern Ireland by
liking us on
Join us on Facebook
Bring and buy
We have shops in locations across Northern Ireland.
Make a donation, or pick up a bargain.
By telephone: 0300 330
By email: email@example.com
British Heart Foundation