The BHF was delighted to be selected as the first
national charity partner for ISS Facility Services in 2010, aiming
to raise funds and awareness with ISS staff and customers.
Over £40,000 was raised in the first nine months of the
partnership and it was agreed to extend the partnership until the
end of 2011 to build on this fantastic success.
Beating heart disease together
ISS staff and customers are helping to raise vital funds for the
- Employee fundraising – ISS staff have organised various
fundraising activities including wear red days, World Cup
fundraising, golf day fundraising and dress down days.
- BHF events – ISS have shown a real commitment to encouraging
staff to get fit and raise funds, entering large teams into several
BHF events including the London to Brighton Bike
- Ride and a team of over 90 in the High Peak Winter Trail.
- The BIG Donation – in September 2010 ISS collected over 300
bags of donated items from across the business for BHF Shops.
- Change for Hearts – this payroll giving scheme enables staff to
donate the spare pennies in their salary each month; a simple way
for everyone to get involved in the partnership.
We have also empowered ISS staff to take steps to look after
their own heart health through:
- A heart health quiz to get people thinking about their heart
health and how to take steps to improve their lifestyle, with some
great fitness related prizes.
- Promotion of BHF publications and our free Heart Matters
- Over £40,000 in vital funds raised by ISS staff to date.
- 10 hospitals in ISS Healthcare’s Northern Division raised over
£5000 in just one day through red themed fundraising.
- Over £25,000 raised through BHF events and positive feedback
from staff regarding motivation to continue with regular
- Positive PR in trade and local press.
- Key heart health messages promoted to staff and acquired new
Heart Matters members.
"This partnership is a fantastic opportunity to raise vital
funds for the BHF but it will also give ISS employees the
opportunity to learn more about their own heart health and how to
lead a healthy lifestyle through the education campaigns run by the
British Heart Foundation.
"Heart disease touches the lives of many people and we are
delighted to be able to offer our support."
Henrik Andersen, Chief Executive Officer ISS
Interested in becoming a corporate partner?
Contact us and
help us beat heart disease.