We have been working with SSE since 2005,
offering customers who switch their gas and electricity a simple
way to help raise vital funds to fight heart disease.
We also work together to promote healthy lifestyle messages to
over 20,000 employees at SSE’s main business offices across the
Beating heart disease together
SSE staff and customers have helped raise vital funds for the
- Switching to SSE – we receive a £10 donation from SSE
every time someone switches their electricity and gas supply to
SSE's Standard Energy tarrif and chooses the FREE British Heart
Foundation add on. For these customers SSE also donates a further
£10 to the BHF every year. Find out how to switch
- Employee fundraising - SSE staff also help through payroll
giving and by supporting our fundraising campaigns and events
including the London Marathon, National Heart Month and
the Bagathon stock appeal.
We have also empowered SSE’s staff to take steps to look after
their own heart health by:
- Promoting a “Summer Health Pledge” initiative to encourage
staff to pledge to lose weight, get more active, or give something
- Highlighting heart health information and statistics in staff
newsletters and through staff intranet
- Hosting healthy living days and workshops
- Distributing BHF publications and promoting BHF’s free Heart Matters service
- The partnership smashed the initial target of £300,000 raising
over £1 million to date
- Almost 34,000 customers are now supporting the BHF through
their energy tarrif.
We entered into this because we want to help the BHF fund pioneering research
"We entered into this
particular fundraising partnership because we want to help the BHF
fund pioneering research into the causes and treatment of heart
disease. Many people lead very busy lives and their time is
"This product allows them to support the BHF just by switching
their supplier - it doesn’t cost them anything and it’s
something they would normally be doing anyway.”
Ian Marchant, Chief Executive,SSE
Interested in becoming a corporate partner?
Contact us and help us
beat heart disease.