Shredded Wheat launched a fundraising
partnership with the BHF in 1999. By 2006 the partnership had
become one of the most famous cause related marketing partnerships
in the sector.
Beating heart disease together
Shredded Wheat staff and customers helped raise vital funds for
the BHF through;
- Sales promotions - a number of annual on-pack fundraising
promotions across millions of Shredded Wheat and Shredded Wheat
bitesize packs including a special red pack and instant win car
- BHF Campaigns - on-pack promotion of previous BHF
fundraising campaigns including Help a Heart Week and The Big Red
- Sponsorship - Shredded Wheat became main sponsors of the
BHF London to Brighton Bike Ride in 2004 and 2005.
- Employee Fundraising - from bike rides to marathons. Other
fundraising included a Radox Great British Cake Stall Day which has
now become an annual event.
- By 2006 over £1.4 million had been raised through on-pack
- The partnership was selected as a finalist in the Third Sector
Excellence Awards in 2006 in the Corporate Sponsorship
- In 2003 the Shredded Wheat/BHF partnership had a 67%* prompted
awareness with only Tesco’s Computers for Schools and Walkers Free
Books scoring higher.
* Source Business in the Community CRM Tracker 2003
Interested in becoming a corporate partner?
Contact us and help us
beat heart disease.