In 2006, staff at HSBC chose the BHF as one
of six charities to benefit from the bank’s new ATM and ‘Keep the
Change’ initiatives, which have raised over £100,000 for the BHF to
We have also benefited from opportunities to promote key
campaigns to staff and several additional fundraising initiatives
run by HSBC.
Beating heart disease together
HSBC staff and customers have helped raise vital funds for the
- ATM Scheme – this provides a quick and accessible way for HSBC
and First Direct customers to support the BHF at the touch of a
button; customers simply select the ‘charity donation’ option and
follow the on-screen instructions to make a donation directly from
their bank account.
- ‘Keep the Change’ – this payroll giving scheme allows HSBC
employees to support the six nominated charities by donating the
spare pennies in their salary each month.
- Employee fundraising - HSBC staff also help by supporting our
fundraising campaigns and events including The Big Donation stock
- Additional fundraising – the charities have also benefitted
from various ad hoc initiatives run by HSBC, such as blackberry
recycling and staff survey incentive donations.
We have also empowered HSBC’s staff to take steps to look after
their own heart health through:
- Intranet pages dedicated to heart health information and BHF
- A heart health quiz to get people thinking about their heart
health and how to take steps to improve their lifestyle.
- Promoting BHF events, publications and our free Heart Matters
- Over £100,000 raised by HSBC staff and customers to date.
- HSBC head office collected approx 50 bags of donated items
during The Big Donation campaign in 2010, which could raise approx
£1000 in equivalent vital funds.
- We have acquired new Heart Matters members and participants for
the London to Brighton Bike Ride and the London Marathon.
Interested in becoming a corporate partner?
Contact us and
help us beat heart disease.