Jump Rope For Heart
Jump Rope For Heart is our fun educational fundraising
programme, designed to help children skip their way to
Since it began 26 years ago, we have had over
25,000 schools and youth groups sign up to the event.
It is recognised as a fun and enjoyable aerobic activity
that gets children active, while raising money for
their school or youth group and our life-saving work.
Once registered, schools receive a free
skipping resource kit
(containing equipment worth over
£100) to help them introduce and develop skipping to children,
including skipping ropes, sponsorship forms, posters and an
extensive Teacher’s Manual.
When the children have mastered the basic skipping skills a
Jump Off (a sponsored skip) is held, which can
involve one class or the whole school, teachers and parents!
The total sponsorship money raised is split:
- 20% is retained by the school to spend however
- 80% is used by us to fund pioneering research into the causes
and treatment of heart disease, patient care and support.
Children will be given a sponsorship form and all children
who have raised money will receive a certificate
to say that they have taken part.
- JRFH can contribute to the achievement of
a healthy schools or active
schools type award.
- JRFH fits into the National Curriculum for
- JRFH encourages a whole school approach to the promotion of
- Skipping at break times can contribute to the recommended one
hour a day of moderate intensity physical activity for children and
- Teachers have an exercise routine that is easy to organise,
plus a comprehensive. teacher’s
pack. The free resource pack that schools receive includes
31 brightly coloured skipping ropes, two
Double Dutch skipping ropes and a Skipping
This fun event is available to any kind of
that works with children between the
ages of 7-16 years, including Brownies & Guides, Cubs
& Scouts, Sea, Army & Navy Cadets and Boys’ &
Once registered, you will receive a free skipping
kit worth £30 to help you introduce
skipping to children in your group and develop their skipping
- Your group gets to keep 20% of the money
raised to spend on whatever you want
- It encourages a whole group approach to the promotion of
- It’s an exercise activity that is easy to organise
- It includes a free resource pack which includes 10 skipping
ropes, sponsor forms, posters and a step-by-step guide to help you
organise the event.
As a celebration of the event's huge success we have put
together the 'Silver Skip' video, which is fun and easy to learn.
The skip can be tried by all and the step-by-step tutorial video on
this page can be paused as you learn new techniques together such
as cross-overs and arm wraps.
We always here to help, so if you have any
questions, you can email us or
call 0121 661 5100.